Late Withdrawal Requests

All requests for a withdrawal (1) after the end of the withdrawal deadline or (2) after the completion of the academic period should be submitted to the campus registrar by completing a Late Withdrawal Request form. In student's Workday portal, type "create request" in the Workday global search bar, then click "create request". Then type "late withdrawal", then select the "Request for Refund or Late Withdrawal" form and fill it out.

The request must be accompanied by appropriate documentation of the condition on which the request is based. Requests for late withdrawals within the current academic period, and up to the anniversary date of your request, are adjudicated by the campus registrar. Students will be notified by college email of the decision, and decisions will be based on the documentation provided. All other requests are adjudicated by the College-Wide Appeals Committee.

Students who are granted a withdrawal through this process shall receive a “W” in their classes and shall not be eligible for a refund of fees unless a College error or responsibility is involved. Please note that requests will not be granted or appealable beyond one calendar year from the academic period in question.

Required Documentation: Supporting documentation must accompany late withdrawal requests. The following documentation is required:

  • Medical: a letter from your physician or health care agency, on company letterhead, specifically indicating an illness of such severity or duration that prevents you from continuing in your course(s). The letter must include dates of the illness and treatment.

  • Employment: a letter from your employer, on company letterhead, indicating that your employer changed your work schedule and that this change prevents you from completing the term. The letter must include old and new work hours and the effective date.

  • Death of Immediate Family Member: documentation of the death and your relationship to the deceased. Immediate family members are limited to spouse, child, parent, and sibling.

  • College Change or Error:  a letter from the appropriate college official documenting the situation in which the college was in error or initiated an action that caused you to have to withdraw.

  • Military Service: Documented involuntary call to active military duty. Documentation may be provided after current Military assignment has ended.