Refund Appeal Process

Requests for refunds AFTER the official add/drop period of the academic period should be submitted by completing a Late Withdrawal/Refund Request form. The request form must be accompanied by appropriate documentation of the condition on which the request is based. Students will be notified in writing of the decision, and decisions will be based on the documentation provided. If approved, a student’s refund will be issued in accordance with the method of payment. Any financial debt/obligations owed to the College will be deducted from the refund. If the student is no longer attending, it is the student’s responsibility to withdraw from the course(s). Submitting a refund form does not officially withdraw a student from a class or the College. Please note that requests will not be granted beyond one calendar year from the academic period in question.

Required Documentation: Supporting documentation must accompany refund requests based on a college action or personal emergency. The following documentation is required:

  • Death of an immediate family member -- Documentation of the death and the student’s relationship to the deceased. Immediate family members are limited to spouse, child, parent, and sibling.
  • College change or error -- A letter from the appropriate College official documenting the situation in which the College was in error or initiated an action that caused the student to have to withdraw.
  • Employment -- A letter on company stationery indicating that the student’s employer changed their work schedule (listing old and new work schedule) and that this change prevents the student from completing the term.
  • Medical -- A letter from the student’s physician or health care agency specifically indicating an illness of such severity or duration that the student cannot continue in a course(s). The letter must include dates of the illness and treatment.
  • Military Service -- Documented involuntary call to active military duty.