Non-Degree Status

Students who have been admitted for credit course work may classify themselves as non-degree seeking (units will be granted for completed courses). The non-degree status may be used only in those cases where it is not necessary for the student’s previous academic records to be on file. The non-degree status shall not be used with degree-seeking, certificate-seeking students, students seeking any type of financial aid (Social Security, veteran benefits, federal grants, etc.), or by international students on an F1/M1 visa. Non-degree-seeking students are not eligible for financial aid. Non-degree-seeking students may be required to submit placement scores in order to register for certain courses. Please see the Course Listing Section of the College Catalog or speak with an academic advisor.

Students are required to declare a degree status prior to beginning their 22nd unit of enrollment. Students with an associate degree or higher are exempt from the 21-unit requirement provided they show proof of previous degree. Students wishing to appeal the 21-unit non-degree-seeking requirement must speak with their campus registrar.